lunes, 4 de julio de 2016

Interview - Scotty Heath (Tankcrimes Records)


1.Killer greetings Scotty! how are you bro? how things are going in Tankcrimes?
Hey bud! Things are great, I've taught the dog to cut vinyl laquers.

2.Scotty give me a little bio about Tankcrimes.How it begins? 
One day a man came up to me to offer a 7" for my band Deadfall, we accepted and when it came out he handed over all the copies, that was how he released it. He had no plans of selling copies or distributing, just gave them to us. So I had to figure out to run a label and I liked it! Here we are 14 years and 96 releases later. It worked.



3.Tankcrimes is a destructive and chaotic label from hardcore,thrash,powerviolence,grindcore.
Which are your influences to make this killer label?
Fast music, counter culture, friendship, riffs, memarable riffs.

4.I saw a re-edition from SPAZZ at Tankcrimes bro! is twisted! tell us more about that!
I was listening to Spazz on youtube and I noticed no one had ever put any Spazz online to proper channels like spotify and itunes, also that the CD collections were fetching high prices online so I hit up my old friends in Spazz to see if I could make it happen, they were happy and we all were happy. We will make the entire catalog available again.



5.Tankcrimes have a rad fest called Brainsqueeze,witch bands have participated and such is the repection in the bangers?
Brainsqueeze is a wild time, all bands in the Tankcrimes family perform. We have has 2 so far and the kids go bananas. Performances from Municipal Waste, Final Conflict, Fucked Up, Toxic Holocaust, Vitamin X, Negative Approach, Ghoul, Impaled, all the homies!




6.Hey Scotty you play in Deadfall and Voetsek! i listen that bands is pure fast and violent hardcore!
fuck yes!
Whats up with that bands? Mark (Deadfall) here have Asmereir! ha!
Neither band is currently active. Mark still is playing in Asmereir and travels to Peru to perform a few times a year. We live together since 1998.


Deadfall

Voetsek

7.I think you are a big fan from horror,gore movies Scotty! because in Tankcrimes have bands like Impaled,Ghoul... for name a few.
My favorite horror movies are Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters 2, Gremlins and Grmlins 2. 

8.A word to:
INTENSE DEGREE: INTENSE!
SLAP A HAM RECORDS: DODGE IS THE MAN! FIESTA GRANDE!
HERESY: FACE UP TO IT!
SOUND POLLUTION RECORDS: UNCLE KEN! LOVES JAPAN.



9.You know some from the peruvian hardcore scene i know that but which are your favorite bands?
I like ANFO, Asmereir, Dios Hastio, Leuzemia, G3, Metamorphosis, Los Saicos - so many great bands I like from Peru

10.Which are the new editions in Tankcrimes?
new bands: Connoisseur, Necrot, Double Cross, Deny the Cross
new releases: Vivisick (Japan), Victims (Sweden) - new Ghoul LP coming soon!




11.Catastrofic future plans in Tankcrimes?
If people keep buying records, I will keep making them.
12.Scotty thanks for this interview! your last words and PLAY FAST OR DIE!
I will visit Peru in next couple years, let's go to Bar Hensley!
Live fast, be loud.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario