sábado, 24 de noviembre de 2018

Interview - Bootlicker


1.Loud greetings of Perú,Lewis! How going the things in Bootlicker?
Great!  We have had a crazy busy year with shows and records coming out but everything has been a blast.  We have intervals of playing shows and breaks for writing music and its easy to manage.

2.Tell us how is form this destructive band of raw d-beat called Bootlicker? Hows been the begings?
I started Bootlicker in 2015 after a few of my previous hardcore bands fell through the cracks.  I took a different approach to the writing process with this band as I am the only one who composes anything.   When we initially started it was me and my brother (who is credited on the demo) and we recorded a 4 songs out of a batch of about 8 that I wrote and used them for the demo.  After that dropped my brother left to school and I got a new drummer to work with, Lucas, who is with me to the present day.  Thats how it started in a nutshell.


3.Discography of Bootlicker?
Bootlicker - 4 Track Demo(self released), Bootlicker - 6 Track EP (Slow Death Records, Neon Taste, Sickhead Records, No Name Records, My Headache Records) Bootlicker - Who Do You Serve? EP (Warthog Speak Records, Televised Suicide, Sickhead Records, Slow Death Records, And one more I cant remember haha)





4.Influences at Bootlicker?
Influences would be boston hardcore such as Negative FX, SSD, Out Cold, UK82 such as The Skeptix, Ultra Violent, The Partisans, Varukers, Oi such as Crux, Red Alert, The Templars, Blitz, and scandinavian hardcore such as Mellakka, Totalitar, Betong Hysteria, Lama, and Riistetyt.


5.Some members of Bootlicker have another proyect paralell?
I have play in Mass Grave(Crust Grind), Nutrition(Freak Garage Punk), and a few other fun things here and there as a fill in.  Athena (Guitar) plays in a pop punk band called Outpatient, Adam on bass plays in a hardcore band called Hot Freaks, and Lucas the drummer plays with Athena in Outpatient.


6.Lewis explain some more about the actual d-beat scene from your city and recommend some bands.
There is no hardcore scene in Kamloops where I am from but Vancouver has great bands such as Chain Whip, Starvation, and Phane.


7.Bootlicker knows the d-beat scene of Southamerica?
I am not super familiar with the current hardcore scene in south America to be completely honest, I know of bands like Negative Control, Ratos De Porao, FDS, but not too much.  I'm sure I've come across lots of it in the past but it's hard to keep track.


8.Stuff avaliable of Bootlicker at the moment? where the punxs can find the stuff?
We have the 6 Track EP out on 7" and the "Who Do You Serve?" EP available on 7" as well.  We have shirts on our bandcamp page as well.






9.Morbid future plans?
Morbid future plans! haha, we just finished recording our 3rd 7" entitled "Nuclear Family" EP and it will be out on Neon Taste Records in the spring.  We are recording for our self titled LP on Deranged records which will be out next summer.

10.Last words Lewis and thanks for your time in this interview.
Thanks for the interview, I hope to come down there soon with Bootlicker and I will be sure to hit you up!  Big Cheers from Kamloops BC CANADA!
https://boot-licker.bandcamp.com/


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario